- Completely rub pork butt with Emeril’s Original Seasoning. Place in a roasting pan with a shallow roasting rack and sear at 425 degrees for 20 min until nicely caramelized.
- Remove from oven and pour 4 cups root beer over top and then cover with 1 cup of Grandma’s Molasses and 3/4 cup Wright’s.
- Return to oven and decrease temp to 250 degrees and slow roast covered for 5-6 hours until tender.
- Reduce remaining 1 cup of root beer by half add remaining ¼ cup of Grandma’s Molasses, 1/4 cup Wright’s, Regina Vinegar and BBQ sauce.
- Remove pork from roasting pan and remove excessive fat. Add 1 cup of braising liquid to BBQ sauce.
- Remove fat cap from pork and shred meat and toss with BBQ sauce as needed for desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning and consistency with Trappey’s Spicy Hot Ultimate Cayenne Pepper Sauce and braising liquid.
Serve pulled pork as entrée with a creole pilaf, as an appetizer with tortilla chips or as an upscale slider on mini brioche rolls.
Top with melted cheddar cheese and serve with a bottle of Trappey’s Spicy Hot on the side.