Skip to content
Ortega Chile Rellenos
Yield: 8-10 servings
- A great tasting recipe all will enjoy.
- 27 oz. Ortega Whole Green Chiles
- 1 ½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch strips
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Ortega mild Salsa, warmed
- Stuff each chile (being careful not to break skins) with cheese.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Whisk egg yolks until creamy in small bowl. Fold yolks and flour into egg whites until just combined.
- Add oil to 1-inch depth medium skillet; heat on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dip chiles in batter until well coated. Place in oil; fry, turning frequently with tongs, until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Serve with salsa.